Carrots- Pressure Canning
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Extend the pleasure of your garden's bounty when you have ready-to-use carrots from your pantry.
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 4-6 lbs carrots (about 24-36 medium 1- to 1 1/2-inch diameter)
- Salt, optional
- 6 Pint Ball® preserving jars with lids and bands
*You must process at least 2 quart jars or 4 pint jars in the pressure canner at one time to ensure safe processing
- PREPARE pressure canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- WASH peel carrots. Wash again. Cut carrots into slices or leave whole, cut to fit jars.
- PACK carrots tightly into hot jars leaving 1 inch headspace. Add 1/2 tsp salt to each pint jar, if desired.
- LADLE boiling water over carrots leaving 1 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight. Place jar on rack in pressure canner containing 2 inches of simmering water. Repeat until all jars are filled.
- PROCESS pint jars at 10 pounds pressure 25 minutes, according to your canner directions, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat; cool canner to zero pressure. Remove lid after 5 minutes, let jars cool 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.