Chicken - Boned (use for all poultry)
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Preserving Method: Pressure Canning
Follow these tested directions for preserving your poultry through pressure canning.
You Will Need
You Will Need
- Salt, optional
- Glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- PREPARE pressure canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- STEAM or boil chicken until about 2/3 done. Remove skim and bones.
- PACK hot chicken into hot jars leaving 1 inch headspace. Add 1 teaspoon salt to each quart jar, 1/2 teaspoon to each pint jar, if desired.
- LADLE hot cooking liquid, water or chicken broth over chicken leaving 1 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS filled jars in a pressure canner at 10 pounds pressure 1 hour and 15 minutes for pints and 1 hour and 30 minutes for quarts, adjusting for altitude.
Chicken - Boned (use for all poultry) - Ball® Recipes is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by minette from fast easy instructions, I canned a bunch of this winter makes great sandwiches and fajitas meat held its shape well, I did use broth verses water.
Date published: 2017-05-06