Golden Pineapple Jelly
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Spread on your morning muffins or serve atop your favorite salty cheese for a sweet, savory and tangy treat!
You Will Need
You Will Need
• 2 fresh pineapples, peeled and cut into small chunks (about 3 lbs. each)
• 1 cup water
• 6 Tbsp Ball® Classic Pectin
• 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
• 3 cups sugar
• 6 Ball® Half-pint (8 oz) glass preserving jars with lids and bands
1. Finely chop pineapple or pulse in a food processor to a fine consistency. Transfer to a 6-qt. stainless steel or enameled Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pineapple is very soft.
2. Line a fine wire-mesh strainer with 3 layers of dampened cheesecloth. Place strainer over a bowl. Pour pineapple into strainer. (Do not press mixture.) Cover and let stand 4 hours or until collected juice measures 6 cups and mixture no longer drips.
3. Combine pineapple juice and pectin in a 6-qt. stainless steel or enameled Dutch oven. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over high heat, stirring constantly.
4. Stir in sugar and return mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam, if necessary.
5. Ladle hot jelly into a hot jar, leaving 1⁄4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band, and adjust to fingertip-tight. Place jar in boiling-water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
6. Process jars 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat; remove lid, and let jars stand 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool.