Light Apple Jam
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
If you're a fan of apple pie - and who isn't? - you'll love this luscious sugar free apple jam. Serve it on bread or use it more creatively in mini-tarts or as a dessert topping. You're certain to receive rave reviews!
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 6 cups peeled, chopped Granny Smith apples or other tart apples (about 6 medium)
- Juice and grated zest of 1 medium lemon
- 2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit™ Low or No-sugar Needed Pectin
- 1-1/2 cups sugar or SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
- 6 Ball® (8 oz) half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside
- COMBINE apples, lemon peel and juice in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until apples begin to soften. Remove from heat and whisk in pectin. Add raisins and cinnamon. Return mixture to a boil. Boil 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Skim off foam, if necessary.
- LADLE hot jam into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.