UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Nothing quite beats a fresh in-season peach, except maybe a whole bushel of them to use in preserves. Luscious peach butter with a zing of ginger creates a decidedly satisfying flavor. Recipe excerpted from The All New Ball Book of Canning and Preserving, published by Oxmoor House (2016).
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 10 cups coarsely chopped fresh peaches (about 12 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 Ball® Half-pint (8 oz) glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- Optional: Ball® freshTECH Electric Water Bath Canner + Multicooker
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a 6-qt. stainless steel or enameled Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until peaches are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
2. Pulse peach mixture, in batches, in a food processor until almost smooth. Pour each batch into a large bowl.
3. Return peach puree to Dutch oven; stir in sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cook, stirring constantly, 25 to 30 minutes or until mixture thickens and holds its shape on a spoon.
4. Ladle hot peach mixture into a hot jar, leaving 1⁄4-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe jar rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band, and adjust to fingertip-tight. Place jar in boiling-water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.