Pepper Jelly Recipe - Reduced Sugar - Jam Maker
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Zesty Reduced-Sugar pepper jelly is easy to create with the FreshTECH Automatic Jam & Jelly Maker. Just add the fresh ingredients and it does the rest in under 30 minutes. Once your jelly is made you can enjoy right away, freeze for up to a year or use a simple waterbath canning process to fresh preserve. For a sweeter flavor, try our Full-Sugar Recipe.
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 2 1/3 cups finely chopped, seeded green bell pepper (about 2 large)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped, seeded, deveined jalapeno pepper (about 3 small)
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit™ Classic Pectin
- 1/2 tsp butter or margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 Ball® (8 oz) half pints
- SPRINKLE pectin evenly over bottom of the Pot fitted with the Stirrer. Add peppers evenly over pectin. Pour vinegar evenly over peppers. Add butter/margarine to help reduce foaming.
- PRESS Jelly button – the cook time will automatically default to 25 minutes. Press the (–) minus button until the time reads 21 minutes. Press enter.
- WAIT 4 minutes for appliance to sound 4 short beeps indicating that it is time to add sugar. Add sugar gradually while Stirrer continues running. Place the Glass Lid on the Pot.
- THE APPLIANCE will continue to automatically stir your ingredients while it cooks. Stay within earshot of the Jam & Jelly Maker, the appliance will beep again at the end of the process signaling jelly cooking is complete. Press cancel, unplug the appliance and immediately remove Glass Lid.
- REMOVE Stirrer using a pot holder. Skim foam, if necessary, from top of jelly.
- PRESERVE jelly immediately, using 1 of the 3 ways listed here.
NOTE: When cutting or seeding hot peppers, wear rubber gloves to prevent hands from being burned.