2 lbs fresh tomatoes (about 6 medium) to yield 4 1/2 cups finely diced
3 Tbsp white vinegar (5% acidity)
1/4 cup Ball®
Fiesta Salsa Mix - MIX WELL BEFORE MEASURING
Pint (16 oz) Fresh Preserving Jars with lids and bands
Don't have fresh tomatoes? Use 3 cans (14.5 oz each) petite diced tomatoes.
Prepare Fiesta Salsa
1. COMBINE tomatoes, vinegar, and Ball®
Fiesta Salsa Mix in large saucepan.
2. HEAT to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
4. PACK based on ENJOY NOW
or FRESH PRESERVE
(Refrigerate up to 3 weeks)
1. COOL to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
2. LADLE salsa into jars.
3. REFRIGERATE salsa for up to 3 weeks or serve immediately.
(Store up to 1 year)
1. PREPARE canner, jars, and lids according to manufacturer's instructions.
2. LADLE hot salsa into jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars. Apply bands and adjust to fingertip tight.
3. PROCESS in boiling water canner for 35 minutes, adjusting for altitude.*
*Increase processing time: 5 minutes for 1,001 to 3, 000 ft; 10 minutes for 3,001 to 6,000 ft; 15 minutes for 6,001 to 8,000 ft; 20 minutes for 8,001 to 10,000 ft.