Kosher Dill Pickles Featuring Ball® Kosher Dill Pickle Mix, now with Pickle Crisp® Granules for crunchier pickles! See just how easy it is to make this traditional favorite!
You will need:
For every 2 quarts of pickles:
3 1/2 lbs pickling cucumbers (about 14 small to medium)
2 cups water
1 cup vinegar (5% acidity)
1/4 cup Ball®
Kosher Dill Pickle Mix
Quart (32 oz) Fresh Preserving Jars with lids and bands
Prepare Kosher Dill Pickles
1. CUT ends off cucumbers. Cut into spears.
2. COMBINE water, vinegar, and Ball® Kosher Dill Pickle Mix in a medium saucepan. Heat to a boil.
3. PACK based on ENJOY NOW or FRESH PRESERVE steps below.
ENJOY NOW (Refrigerate up to 3 months):
1. POUR hot pickling liquid over cucumber spears in a large bowl. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
2. PACK cucumber spears into jars. Ladle pickling liquid over cucumbers. Place lids and bands on jars.
3. REFRIGERATE pickles. For best flavor, allow pickles to stand in refrigerator for 3 weeks.
FRESH PRESERVE (Store up to 1 year):
1. PREPARE canner, jars, and lids according to manufacturer's instructions.
2. PACK spears into hot jars. Ladle hot pickling liquid over spears leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars. Apply bands and adjust to fingertip tight.
3. PROCESS in boiling water canner for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude*. For best flavor, allow pickles to stand for 4-6 weeks.
*Increase processing time: 5 minutes for 1,001 to 3,000 ft; 10 minutes for 3,001 to 6,000 ft; 15 minutes for 6,001 to 8,000 ft; 20 minutes for 8,001 to 10,000 ft.
You will need: