Makes about 4 (8 oz) half pints.
Fresh homemade jam is easy to create with the Ball®
FreshTECH Automatic Jam & Jelly Maker. Just add the fresh ingredients in this recipe, and it does the rest in under 30 minutes! For even more fresh strawberry flavor, try our Reduced-Sugar Recipe
You will need:
2 2/3 cups crushed strawberries (about three 1-lb containers)
3 Tbsp Ball®
1/2 tsp butter or margarine
3 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- WASH strawberries in cool, running water and drain. Remove stems and hulls. Crush berries one layer at a time using a potato masher. Measure required quantity of crushed berries and remaining ingredients for your recipe; set aside.
- SPRINKLE pectin evenly over bottom of the Pot fitted with the Stirrer. Add crushed strawberries evenly over pectin. Add butter/margarine to help reduce foaming.
- PRESS jam button – the cook time will automatically default to 21 minutes. Press enter.
- WAIT 4 minutes for appliance to sound 4 short beeps indicating that it is time to add sugar. Add sugar gradually while Stirrer continues running. Place the Glass Lid on the Pot.
- THE APPLIANCE will continue to automatically stir your ingredients while it cooks. Stay within earshot of the Jam & Jelly Maker, the appliance will beep again at the end of the process signaling jam cooking is complete. Press cancel, unplug the appliance and immediately remove Glass Lid.
- REMOVE Stirrer using a pot holder. Skim foam, if necessary, from top of jam.
- PRESERVE jam immediately, using 1 of the 3 ways listed here.
You will need: