Baby Food RecipesMakes about (4 oz) freezer jars
Ball® Guide for Making and Storing Homemade Baby Food
Rating: 1 Reviews|
Level of Ease:Easy
You Will Need:
- Produce in season at the peak of freshness
- 4 oz freezer safe glass jars with lids and bands or plastic storage caps
Directions:More parents are turning to making their own fresh, homemade baby food for many reasons: to control the quality and ingredients your baby eats, provide organic foods for your baby, and to meet special dietary needs. In addition, parents take pride in preparing healthy, safe food for their baby.
How to step-by-step:
- WASH, chop and cook (using microwaving or steaming methods) fresh vegetables or fruits, appropriate for your child’s age and health needs. We recommend you consult your physician before introducing any new foods to your baby.
- BLEND cooked veggies and fruits, with liquid, in blender or food processor until pureed.
- LADLE the puree into freezer safe jars. Two great, reusable options for storage in the freezer:
- Ball® Regular Mouth (4 oz) Quilted Crystal Glass Jelly Preserving Jars . These jars have straight sides which make them safe to use in the freezer and since these jars are small in size, they are perfect for individual portions.
- Ball® Plastic (8 oz) Freezer Jars . These plastic jars are BPA free! They feature twist-on lids to prevent spills and they ‘nest’, or stack on top of each other for more efficient storage.
* Select the fresh, high quality fruits and vegetables. Local farmers’ markets, Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) Farms, your garden or local community garden and the grocery store are great places to find produce during peak season.
* Wash produce thoroughly before use.
* Freezing is the recommended preserving method for long-term storage of homemade baby food. Home canning is not a recommended method for preserving baby food.
* We recommend that parents consult their family physician before introducing any new foods to your baby and for specific dietary recommendations.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Baby Food Recipes you made?
Share with others!
Add + Photo