Black Raspberry JellyMakes about 6 (8 oz) half pints
Enjoy the smooth flavor of black raspberries throughout the year with this Black Raspberry Jelly recipe.
Level of Ease:Medium
Preserving Method:Waterbath Canning
You Will Need:
- 3 cups prepared berry juice (about 5 pints)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp butter or margarine, optional
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 3-oz pouch Ball® RealFruit™ Liquid Pectin
- 6 Ball® (8 oz) half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- PREPARE black raspberries by crushing one layer at a time with a potato masher. Place prepared black raspberries in dampened jelly bag or several layers of dampened cheesecloth. Let juice drip, undisturbed, for at least 2 hours or overnight. Note: Squeezing the jelly bag may cause jelly to be cloudy.
boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not
boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside
- COMBINE prepared juice with lemon juice and sugar in a 6- or 8-quart saucepan. Add up to 1/2 tsp butter or margarine to reduce foaming, if desired. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over high heat, stirring frequently.
- ADD pectin, immediately squeezing entire contents from pouch. Continue hard boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary.
- LADLE hot Black Raspberry Jelly into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS jars in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Black Raspberry Jelly you made?
Share with others!