Corn Relish RecipeMakes about 6 (8 oz) half pints
Fresh summer flavors of corn, peppers and onions combine for a delicious relish to serve on hamburgers, hot dogs and your favorite sandwiches.
Rating: 4 Reviews|
Level of Ease:Medium
Preserving Method:Waterbath Canning
You Will Need:
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 4 cups cooked corn kernels (about 8 ears)
- 2 cups diced mixed red and green bell peppers (about 2 large)
- 3/4 cup diced celery (about 2 stalks)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 small)
- 1 Tbsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 6 (8 oz) half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- COMBINE vinegar, sugar and salt in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add corn, red and green peppers, celery, onion, mustard, celery seeds and turmeric. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- LADLE hot relish into hot jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS filled jars in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.