Cranberry Sauce RecipeMakes about 8 (8 oz) half pints
The whole berries in this cranberry sauce add texture and flavor. Thanksgiving dinner just wouldn't be the same without it!
Rating: 7 Reviews|
Level of Ease:Easy
Preserving Method:Waterbath Canning
You Will Need:
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 cups water
- 8 cups fresh cranberries (about 2 lb)
- Grated zest of 1 large orange, optional
- 4 Ball®(16 oz) pint or 8 Ball® (8 oz) half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water
until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set
- COMBINE sugar and water in a large stainless steel saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil hard for 5 minutes. Add cranberries and return mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring occasionally, until all berries burst and liquid begins to sheet from a metal spoon, about 15 minutes. Stir in orange zest, if using, during the last few minutes of cooking.
- LADLE hot cranberry sauce into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot cranberry sauce. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS jars in a boiling water canner for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Cranberry Sauce Recipe you made?
Share with others!