Fiesta SalsaMakes about 2 Pints (16 oz)
Whether you want to make a couple of jars or a lot, Ball® Fiesta Salsa Mix makes it easy. Turn your tomatoes into a fresh fiesta of flavor.
Level of Ease:Easy
Preserving Method:Waterbath Canning
You Will Need:
- 2 lbs fresh tomatoes (about 6 medium) to yield 4 1/2 cups finely diced
- 3 Tbsp white vinegar (5% acidity)
- 1/4 cup Ball® Fiesta Salsa Mix - MIX WELL BEFORE MEASURING
- 2 Ball® Pint (16 oz) Fresh Preserving Jars with lids and bands
- Don't have fresh tomatoes? Use 3 cans (14.5 oz each) petite diced tomatoes.
Use our recipe calculator chart to customize the number of jars from 1-8
Directions:Prepare Fiesta Salsa
- COMBINE tomatoes, vinegar, and Ball® Fiesta Salsa Mix in large saucepan.
- HEAT to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- PACK based on ENJOY NOW or FRESH PRESERVE Steps below
- COOL to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- LADLE salsa into jars.
- REFRIGERATE salsa for up to 3 weeks or serve immediately.
-OR-Fresh Preserve (Store up to 1 year)
- PREPARE canner, jars, and lids according to manufacturer's instructions.
- LADLE hot salsa into jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars. Apply bands and adjust to fingertip tight.
- PROCESS in boiling water canner for 35 minutes, adjusting for altitude.*