You Will Need:
- 3-1/2 cups finely chopped apricots (about 30 medium)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 3-oz pouch Ball® RealFruit™ Liquid Pectin
- 1/2 tsp butter or margarine, optional
- 5-3/4 cups sugar
- 6 Ball® (8 oz) half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not
boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- COMBINE prepared apricots with lemon juice and sugar in a 6- or 8-quart saucepan. Add up to 1/2 tsp butter or margarine to reduce foaming, if desired. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over high heat, stirring frequently.
- ADD pectin, immediately squeezing entire contents from pouch. Continue hard boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary
- LADLE hot jam into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS jars in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Fresh Apricot Jam you made?
Share with others!
Add + Photo