Jalapeno Jelly RecipeMakes about 5 (8 oz) half pints
Eliminate the juice-making step and still produce a translucent jelly? This unique recipe does! Flecked with tiny bits of peppers, this zesty jalapeno jelly adds a jewel-like flair to cheese trays. Spread it on a block of warmed cream cheese and serve with crackers.
Rating: 11 Reviews|
Level of Ease:Easy
Preserving Method:Waterbath Canning
You Will Need:
- 12 oz jalapeño peppers (about 12 med)
- 2 cups cider vinegar, divided
- 6 cups sugar
- 2 3-oz pouches of Ball® RealFruit™ Liquid Pectin
- Green food coloring, optional
- 5 Ball® (8 oz) half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water
until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set
- PURÉE peppers in food processor or blender with 1 cup cider vinegar until smooth. Do not strain purée.
- COMBINE purée with remaining 1 cup cider vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- ADD Ball® RealFruit™ Liquid Pectin, immediately squeezing entire contents from pouches. Continue to boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add food coloring, if using, and skim foam if necessary.
- LADLE hot jalapeno jelly into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Jalapeno Jelly Recipe you made?
Share with others!