Raspberry Chipotle Jam - Jam MakerMakes about 4 (8 ounce) half pints
Level of Ease:Easy
You Will Need:
- 2 2/3 cups crushed raspberries (about 1 1/3 lbs or four 6-oz containers)
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 Tbsp adobo sauce
- 3 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit™ Classic Pectin
- 1/2 tsp butter or margarine
- 3 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 Ball® (8 ounce) half pints
- CLEAN raspberries by rolling back and forth in an open towel. If dirt is obvious on raspberries, rinse carefully in cool running water and drain thoroughly. Crush raspberries one layer at a time using a potato masher. Measure required quantity of crushed raspberries and remaining ingredients for your recipe; set aside.
- SPRINKLE pectin evenly over bottom of the Pot fitted with the Stirrer. Add crushed raspberries, chopped chipotle peppers and adobo sauce evenly over pectin. Add butter/margarine to help reduce foaming.
- PRESS Jam button – the cook time will automatically default to 21 minutes. Press Enter.
- WAIT 4 minutes for appliance to sound 4 short beeps indicating that it is time to add sugar. Add sugar gradually while Stirrer continues running. Place the Glass Lid on the Pot.
- THE APPLIANCE will continue to automatically stir your ingredients while it cooks. Stay within earshot of the Jam & Jelly Maker, the appliance will beep again at the end of the process signaling jam cooking is complete. Press Cancel, unplug the appliance and immediately remove Glass Lid.
- REMOVE Stirrer using a pot holder. Skim foam, if necessary, from top of jam.
- PRESERVE jam immediately, using refrigeration or freezing methods listed here.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Raspberry Chipotle Jam - Jam Maker you made?
Share with others!
Add + Photo