Peach Jam Recipe - Jam MakerMakes about 4 (8 oz) half pints
Great homemade jam is easy to create with the Ball® FreshTECH Automatic Jam & Jelly Maker. Just add the fresh ingredients and it does the rest in under 30 minutes. Once your jams are made you can enjoy them right away, freeze them for up to a year or use a simple waterbath canning process to fresh preserve them. For even more fresh peach flavor, try our Reduced-Sugar Recipe.
Rating: 1 Reviews|
Level of Ease:Easy
Preserving Method:Jam Maker
You Will Need:
- 2 2/3 cups crushed peaches (about 2 lbs or six medium)
- 3 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit™ Classic Pectin
- 2 Tbsp bottled lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp butter or margarine
- 3 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 Ball® (8 oz) half pints
- WASH, peel and pit peaches. Coarsely chop peaches, and then crush with a potato masher. Measure required quantity of crushed peaches and remaining ingredients for your recipe; set aside.
- SPRINKLE pectin evenly over bottom of the Pot fitted with the Stirrer. Add crushed peaches evenly over pectin. Pour lemon juice over peaches. Add butter/margarine to help reduce foaming.
- PRESS Jam button – the cook time will automatically default to 21 minutes. Press Enter.
- WAIT 4 minutes for appliance to sound 4 short beeps indicating that it is time to add sugar. Add sugar gradually while Stirrer continues running. Place the Glass Lid on the Pot.
- THE APPLIANCE will continue to automatically stir your ingredients while it cooks. Stay within earshot of the Jam & Jelly Maker, the appliance will beep again at the end of the process signaling jam cooking is complete. Press cancel, unplug the appliance and immediately remove Glass Lid.
- REMOVE Stirrer using a pot holder. Skim foam, if necessary, from top of jam.
- PRESERVE jam immediately, using 1 of the 3 ways listed here.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Peach Jam Recipe - Jam Maker you made?
Share with others!