Plum Jam - Jam MakerMakes about 4 (8 oz) half pints
Great homemade plum jam is easy to create with the Ball® FreshTECH Automatic Jam & Jelly Maker. Just add the fresh ingredients and it does the rest in under 30 minutes. Once your jam is made you can enjoy right away, freeze for up to a year or use a simple waterbath canning process to fresh preserve. For even more plum flavor, try our Reduced-Sugar Recipe.
Level of Ease:Easy
Preserving Method:Waterbath Canning
You Will Need:
- 2 2/3 cups crushed plums (about 2 lbs or 29 medium)
- 3 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit™ Classic Pectin
- 1/2 tsp butter or margarine
- 3 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 Ball® (8 oz) half pint jars
- WASH and pit plums. Coarsely chop plums into pieces the size of a nickel using kitchen scissors or chef’s knife, and then crush with a potato masher. Measure required quantity of crushed plums and remaining ingredients for your recipe; set aside.
- SPRINKLE pectin evenly over bottom of the Pot fitted with the Stirrer. Add crushed plums evenly over pectin. Add butter/margarine to help reduce foaming.
- PRESS Jam button – the cook time will automatically default to 21 minutes. Press Enter.
- WAIT 4 minutes for appliance to sound 4 short beeps indicating that it is time to add sugar. Add sugar gradually while Stirrer continues running. Place the Glass Lid on the Pot.
- THE APPLIANCE will continue to automatically stir your ingredients while it cooks. Stay within earshot of the Jam & Jelly Maker, the appliance will beep again at the end of the process signaling jam cooking is complete. Press Cancel, unplug the appliance and immediately remove Glass Lid.
- REMOVE Stirrer using a pot holder. Skim foam, if necessary, from top of jam.
- PRESERVE plum jam immediately, using 1 of the 3 ways listed here.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Plum Jam - Jam Maker you made?
Share with others!