Kosher Dill PicklesMakes about 2 Quart (32 oz)
Level of Ease:Easy
Preserving Method:Waterbath Canning
You Will Need:For every 2 quarts of pickles:
- 3 1/2 lbs pickling cucumbers (about 14 small to medium)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup vinegar (5% acidity)
- 1/4 cup Ball® Kosher Dill Pickle Mix
- 2 Ball® Quart (32 oz) Fresh Preserving Jars with lids and bands
Use our recipe calculator chart to customize the number of jars from 2-14
Directions:Prepare Kosher Dill Pickles
- CUT ends off cucumbers. Cut into spears.
- COMBINE water, vinegar, and Ball® Kosher Dill Pickle Mix in a medium saucepan. Heat to a boil.
- PACK based on ENJOY NOW or FRESH PRESERVE steps below.
- POUR hot pickling liquid over cucumber spears in a large bowl. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- PACK cucumber spears into jars. Ladle pickling liquid over cucumbers. Place lids and bands on jars.
- REFRIGERATE pickles. For best flavor, allow pickles to stand in refrigerator for 3 weeks.
-OR-FRESH PRESERVE (Store up to 1 year):
- PREPARE canner, jars, and lids according to manufacturer's instructions.
- PACK spears into hot jars. Ladle hot pickling liquid over spears leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars. Apply bands and adjust to fingertip tight.
- PROCESS in boiling water canner for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude*. For best flavor, allow pickles to stand for 4-6 weeks.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Kosher Dill Pickles you made?
Share with others!