Mixed Berry Jam RecipeMakes about 6 Half Pints (8 oz)
Mix and match your favorite berries such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and/or raspberries to create a delightful jam using Ball® RealFruit™ Classic Pectin.
Rating: 2 Reviews|
Level of Ease:Easy
Preserving Method:Waterbath Canning
You Will Need:
- 4 cups crushed berries, mix and match your favorites such as strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and/or raspberries
- 4 ½ Tbsp Ball® RealFruit™ Classic Pectin
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 Ball® or Kerr® Half Pint (8 oz) Quilted Crystal Jelly Jars with lids and bands
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not
boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- COMBINE berries in an 8-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in pectin. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over high heat, stirring constantly.
- ADD entire measure of sugar, stirring to dissolve. Return mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam, if necessary.
- LADLE hot jam into hot jars, one at a time, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars. Apply bands and adjust to fingertip tight.
- PLACE filled jars in canner ensuring jars are covered by 1 to 2 inches of water. Place lid on canner. Bring water to gentle, steady boil.
- PROCESS jars for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat, remove lid and let jars stand for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lids should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Mixed Berry Jam Recipe you made?
Share with others!