Pepper Jelly RecipeMakes about 6 (8 oz) half pints
If you enjoy a mild pepper jelly, this recipe should top your list. The addition of jalapeno peppers adds just the right kick, without extinguishing your taste buds.
Level of Ease:Easy
Preserving Method:Waterbath Canning
You Will Need:
- 4 ½ cups finely chopped green bell pepper (about 4 large)
- ½ cup finely chopped jalapeño pepper (about 4 small)
- 1 ¼ cups cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit™ Low or No-Sugar Needed Pectin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 6 Ball® or Kerr® (8 oz) Quilted Crystal® Jelly Jars with Lids and Bands
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- COMBINE green bell peppers, jalapeño peppers and vinegar in a large saucepan. Gradually stir in pectin. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down over high heat, stirring constantly.
- ADD sugar and honey. Return mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary.
- LADLE hot jelly into hot jars, leaving ¼ headspace. Wipe rim and center lid on jar. Screw band on until fingertip-tight. Place jar in boiling water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
- PROCESS jars for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat; remove lid and let jars stand 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Check seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Notes: When cutting or seeding hot peppers, wear rubber gloves to prevent hands from being burned.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Pepper Jelly Recipe you made?
Share with others!