Strawberry Freezer Jam - Classic PectinMakes about 5 (8 oz) half pints
Level of Ease:Easy
You Will Need:
- 2 cups crushed strawberries (about 2 1lb containers)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit™ Classic Pectin
- 5 Ball® Plastic (8 oz) Freezer Jars or 8 oz half pint glass jars with lids and bands
- COMBINE prepared fruit* with lemon juice in a large bowl. Add sugar, mixing thoroughly. Let stand 10 minutes.
- COMBINE water and Ball® RealFruit™ Classic Pectin in a small saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, stirring constantly. Boil hard for 1 minute, continuing to stir.
- ADD cooked pectin mixture to fruit mixture stir for 3 minutes.
- LADLE freezer jam into clean Ball® freezer jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Apply caps and let jam stand in refrigerator until set, but no longer than 24 hours. Serve immediately, refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Strawberry Freezer Jam - Classic Pectin you made?
Share with others!