Strawberry Margarita PreservesMakes about 6 (8 oz) half pints
Level of Ease:Medium
Preserving Method:Waterbath Canning
You Will Need:
- 6 cups halved hulled strawberries (about 3-1/2 1 lb containers)
- 2 cups chopped cored peeled tart apples (about 2 medium)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup orange-flavored liqueur
- 2 Tbsp strawberry schnapps, optional
- 6 Ball®(8 oz) half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water
until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set
- COMBINE strawberries, apples and lemon juice in a large, deep stainless steel saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved. Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat and test gel. If liquid breaks from spoon in a sheet or flake, it has reached the gel stage. If gel stage has been reached, stir in tequila, orange-flavored liqueur and strawberry schnapps, if using. Return to medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil hard, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and skim off foam.
- LADLE hot preserves into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot preserves. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS jars in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Strawberry Margarita Preserves you made?
Share with others!
Add + Photo