Summer Fruit CocktailMakes about 5 (16 oz) pints
This lightly sweetened fruit cocktail is delightfully accented with honey and mint. It is best served alone as a simple dessert, accompanied by a tall glass of iced tea, finished with a sprig of mint to complement the flavors of the fruit.
Level of Ease:Medium
Preserving Method:Waterbath Canning
You Will Need:
- 6 cups chopped pitted peeled peaches, treated to prevent browning and drained (about 9 medium)
- 3 cups chopped cored peeled pears, treated to prevent browning and drained (about 9 medium)
- 2 cups stemmed seedless grapes (about 1 lb)
- 1 cup drained maraschino cherries, halved
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup liquid honey
- 5 fresh mint sprigs
- 5 Ball® (16 oz) pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- PREPARE peaches by pitting, peeling and chopping and pears by coring, peeling and chopping. To prevent browning, apply Ball® Fruit-Fresh® Produce Protector or submerge fruit in 1/4 cup lemon juice and 4 cups water.
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water
until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set
- COMBINE water, sugar and honey in a large stainless steel saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Add peaches, pears and grapes; return to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and boil gently for 5 minutes. Stir in cherries. Remove from heat.
- PLACE 1 mint sprig in each hot jar. Ladle hot fruit and syrup into hot jar, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot syrup. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS jars in a boiling water canner for 20 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Summer Fruit Cocktail you made?
Share with others!
Add + Photo