Zesty Peach Barbecue SauceMakes about 8 (8 oz) half pints
Golden orange with red flecks, this barbecue sauce not only looks amazing, but tastes out of this world. Spoon some over your chicken or fish this summer!
Level of Ease:Medium
Preserving Method:Waterbath Canning
You Will Need:
- 6 cups finely chopped pitted peeled peaches (about 3 lb or 9 medium)
- 1 cup finely chopped seeded red bell pepper (about 1 large)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped garlic (about 14 cloves)
- 1-1/4 cups honey
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp salt
- 8 Ball® (8 oz) half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water
until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set
- COMBINE all ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens to the consistency of a thin commercial barbeque sauce, about 25 minutes. If desired, puree in batches in a food processor or use an immersion blender to help break down the peaches.
- LADLE hot sauce into hot jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight. Place jar in boiling water canner. Repeat until jars are full.
- PROCESS for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat; remove lid and let jars stand for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Share Your Photos
Do you have a photo of Zesty Peach Barbecue Sauce you made?
Share with others!