Salted Caramel Pear Butter
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Brown sugar and a little sea salt create a wonderfully decadent pear butter that is equally delicious over ice cream or your morning toast and tea.
You Will Need
You Will Need
• 3-1/2 lbs. Pears, cored, peeled and coarsely chopped
• 1/3 cup apple cider
• 2 cups brown sugar
• 1-1/2 tsp. sea or kosher salt
1. Bring pears and apple cider to a boil in a large Dutch oven; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 35 minutes or until pears are very soft, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
2. Process pear mixture, in batches, in a food processor until pureed, pouring each batch of puree into a bowl. Return mixture to Dutch oven and add sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer,uncovered, until puree thickens, darkens in color, and holds its shape on a spoon, stirring frequently to prevent scorching. (Stir more often as mixture thickens.)
3. Ladle hot pear butter into a hot jar, leaving 1⁄4-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe jar rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band, and adjust to fingertip-tight. Place jar in boilingwater canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
4. Process jars 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat; remove lid, and let jars stand 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool.