Savory Carrot-Fennel Soup- Pressure Canning
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
This soup with carrots, fennel and vegetable stock will warm you up on the coldest days. Preserve with your pressure canner.
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 2 bulbs fennel, sliced thin
- 1 Tblsp olive oil
- 4 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- Salt, to taste, optional
- 6 Ball® (32 oz) quart or 12 (16 oz) pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
*You must process at least 2 quart jars or 4 pint jars in the pressure canner at one time to ensure safe processing.
- SAUTE fennel in olive oil until transparent. Combine fennel, carrots and vegetable stock in a large saucepot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until carrots are tender.
- PUREE soup in a food processor or blender, working in batches. Return puree to saucepot. Add water. Simmer until heated throughout. Stir in pepper and salt to taste, if desired. Simmer additional 30 minutes.
- LADLE hot soup into hot jars leaving 1-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight. Place jar on rack in pressure canner containning 2 inches of simmering water. Repat until all jars are filled.
- PROCESS quart jars for 50 minutes and pint jars for 40 minutes at 10 pounds pressure, adjusting for altitude, according to your pressure canners directions. Turn off heat: cool canner to zero pressure. Let stand 5 more minutes before removing the lid. Cool jars in canner 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.