Strawberry Rhubarb Jam - Jam Maker
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Preserving Method: Water Bath Canning
Makes about 4 half pint jars
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 2 cups crushed strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 3 Tbsp. Ball® Classic Pectin
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp. butter or margarine
- 4 Ball® half pint jars
- SPRINKLE pectin evenly over bottom of the Pot fitted with the Stirrer. Add crushed strawberries, rhubarb and lemon juice evenly over pectin. Add butter/margarine to help reduce foaming.
- PRESS jam button – the cook time will automatically default to 21 minutes. Press enter.
- WAIT 4 minutes for appliance to sound 4 short beeps indicating that it is time to add sugar. Add sugar gradually while Stirrer continues running. Place the Glass Lid on the Pot.
- THE APPLIANCE will continue to automatically stir your ingredients while it cooks. Stay within earshot of the Jam & Jelly Maker, the appliance will beep again at the end of the process signaling jam cooking is complete. Press cancel, unplug the appliance and immediately remove Glass Lid.
- REMOVE Stirrer using a pot holder. Skim foam, if necessary, from top of jam.
- PRESERVE jam immediately, using 1 of the 3 ways listed here.
Strawberry Rhubarb Jam - Ball® Jam Maker Recipes is rated out of 5 by 6.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Julie Ann from Great little machine Bought this last summer, have used it to make pepper jam, strawberry jam, and strawberry jam. Works great, jams have all turned out. It is easy to clean and store.
Date published: 2017-05-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jules006 from Love it! My husband bought one for me for Christmas one year but by the time I tried to use it in the summer it didn't work. I called and it was replaced. I love it. So very easy and you don't have to stand and stir. I always seem to end up with a bit more than 4 pint jars though.
Date published: 2016-05-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by SDmt from Great Recipe This basic recipe works just as well to make cherry-rhubarb, blueberry-rhubarb, or raspberry-rhubarb jam. Especially for strawberry-rhubarb, I prefer to use more like 2.75 cups sugar so that the sweetness isn't overwhelming.
Date published: 2015-07-13
Rated 4 out of 5 by michjams from Easy recipe! I prefer jams with low sugar. While this was tasty and delicious, I would like a low sugar one to try.
Date published: 2015-06-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sandy45 from Friends LOVED IT! Love my Jam Maker...fun trying different things. Took this recipe, used frozen Rhubarb since no fresh at store. Followed recipe exactly but tossed in handful of Craisins (dried cranberries) - put it over the top. The Jam Maker is so easy - and once you get the basic ingredients - you can do whatever. Have added balsamic vinegar, dried fruit - whatever - and all have turned out great. So easy - so fast - and easy clean up.
Date published: 2015-05-09