SWEET & SPICY PICKLE CHUNKS
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Add a little heat to your bread and butter pickles!
You Will Need
You Will Need
• 2 lbs. pickling cucumbers
• 2-1/2 cups sugar
• 2-1/2 cups white or cider vinegar
• 1 tsp. McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper
• 1 pkg. Ball® & McCormick® Sweet and Tangy Bread & Butter Pickle Mix
• 1 tsp. salt
• 2 Ball® (32 oz.) quart or 4 (16 oz.) pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
1. Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set aside with bands.
2. Cut ends off cucumbers. Cut into 1-inch chunks. Place chunks in a large glass bo
3. Combine sugar, vinegar, crushed red pepper and spices from Pickle Mix in large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve.
4. Pack cucumber chunks into a hot jar. Ladle hot pickling liquid over cucumbers, leaving ½-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rims and center lids on jars. Apply band and adjust to fingertip tight. Place jar in boiling-water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
5. Process quart jars 15 minutes or pint jars for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat; remove lid, and let jars stand 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. For best flavor and texture, allow pickles to stand for 4 to 6 weeks on the pantry shelf before serving.