3-Step Skillet Tacos
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Grab a jar of last summer's salsa out of the pantry and have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. Use whatever meat and/or veggies you have on hand to make this family favorite any night of the week.
You Will Need
You Will Need
• 1 lb. chicken, pork tenderloin or beef sirloin, sliced into thin strips.
• 2 Tbsp. olive oil
• 1 small onion, thinly sliced
• 4 cups assorted sliced vegetables, such as bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini
• 1 cup Cherry Tomato and Corn Salsa
• ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
• Juice of one lime, plus more for garnish
• 2 Tbsp. sour cream
• warmed flour or corn tortillas
• taco toppings, such as shredded cheese, avocado, sour cream, hot sauce
1. Season meat with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown onion, stirring frequently, until it starts to brown. Stir in meat and brown, stirring frequently, until almost thoroughly cooked; remove from skillet and set aside.
2. Add vegetables to same skillet cook until tender and golden brown, stirring frequently.
3. Stir in 1 cup Cherry Tomato and Corn Salsa. Simmer over medium-high heat until salsa is thickened. Return meat to the skillet and continue cooking until meat is thoroughly cooked. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro, lime juice and sour cream. Serve immediately in warmed tortillas and garnish with your favorite taco toppings and a lime wedge.
3-Step Veggie Tacos: Substitute 1 can of garbanzo (chick) peas, rinsed and drained for the chicken. Sautéing them with the onion will make them nice and crispy!