Preserving Method: Water-Bath-Canning
Makes about 4 (8 oz) half pint jars
This delectable, modern jam may taste like caramel and coffee, but it’s a quick-make apple jam that is perfect for morning toast or as a tasty ice cream topping. Try Ball®’s Caramel Apple Coffee Jam spread on hot cinnamon rolls or folded into scone batter before baking.
You will need
- 5 cups peeled, diced apples
- 2 cups extra strong brewed coffee
- 4 Tbsp Ball® Classic Pectin
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups brown sugar
- Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready to use, do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set aside with bands.
- Bring apples and coffee to a boil in a large stainless pot, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until apples are soft. Puree apples with an immersion blender or in a food processor. Return to heat.
- Whisk in pectin and allspice. Over high heat bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down. Add sugar, stirring to dissolve. Return jam to a full rapid boil and boil hard for 1 minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat and skim foam if necessary.
- Ladle hot jam into a hot jar leaving a ¼ inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe jar rim. Center lid on jar and apply band, adjust to fingertip tight. Place jar in boiling water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
- Process jars 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat, remove lid, let jars stand 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool 12-24 hours. Check lids for seal, they should not flex when center is pressed.