Preserving Method: Pressure Canning
Makes about 6 Half Pint Jars
You’ll get a lot of use from Ball®’s Corn Relish this summer! With fresh corn kernels, bright bell peppers, onion, and celery, this corn relish pairs well on everything from dips to toppings for your sausage and potatoes. Step your grill game up a notch with this sweet surprise!
You will need
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 4 cups cooked corn kernels (about 8 ears)
- 2 cups diced mixed red and green bell peppers (about 2 large)
- 3/4 cup diced celery (about 2 stalks)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 small)
- 1 Tbsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
- Combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add corn, red and green peppers, celery, onion, mustard, celery seeds and turmeric. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Ladle hot relish into hot jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight. Place jar in boiling water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
- Process jars for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat; remove lid and let jars stand 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.