Preserving method: Water bath canning
Makes about 5 Half Pint Jars
'Sweet and spicy is one of our favorite flavor combinations and Ball®’s Jalapeño Jelly captures both of those flavors perfectly. This zesty recipe works great spread on a block of warmed cream cheese and served with crackers.
You will need
- 12 oz. jalapeño peppers (about 12 med)
- 2 cups cider vinegar, divided
- 6 cups sugar
- 2 3-oz pouches of Ball® RealFruit™ Liquid Pectin
- Green food coloring, optional
- Directions boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- Puree peppers in food processor or blender with 1 cup cider vinegar until smooth. Do not strain purée.
- Combine purée with remaining 1 cup cider vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add ball® realfruit™ Liquid Pectin, immediately squeezing entire contents from pouches. Continue to boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add food coloring, if using, and skim foam if necessary.
- Ladle hot jalapeño jelly into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
- Process in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.