Preserving Method: Water Bath Canning
Makes about 4 half pint jars
You will need
- 2 cups crushed strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 3 Tbsp. Ball® Classic Pectin
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp. butter or margarine
- 4 Ball® half pint jars
- Sprinkle pectin evenly over bottom of the Pot fitted with the Stirrer. Add crushed strawberries, rhubarb and lemon juice evenly over pectin. Add butter/margarine to help reduce foaming.
- Press jam button – the cook time will automatically default to 21 minutes. Press enter.
- Wait 4 minutes for appliance to sound 4 short beeps indicating that it is time to add sugar. Add sugar gradually while Stirrer continues running. Place the Glass Lid on the Pot.
- The appliance will continue to automatically stir your ingredients while it cooks. Stay within earshot of the Jam & Jelly Maker, the appliance will beep again at the end of the process signaling jam cooking is complete. Press cancel, unplug the appliance and immediately remove Glass Lid.
- Remove Stirrer using a pot holder. Skim foam, if necessary, from top of jam.
- Preserve jam immediately.