Preserving Method: Water-Bath-Canning
Makes about 4 (8 oz) half pints
Fresh, delicious sugar-free strawberry jam is easy to enjoy with the Ball® FreshTECH™ Automatic Jam & Jelly Maker and Ball® RealFruit® Low or No-Sugar Needed pectin. Just add the fresh ingredients in this recipe, and the Jam Maker does the rest in under 30 minutes! For a sweeter flavor, try our Low-Sugar Recipe.
You will need
- 4 cups crushed strawberries
- 2/3 cup unsweetened fruit juice
- 1/2 tsp butter or margarine
- 3 Tbsp Ball®RealFruit™ Low or No-Sugar Needed Pectin
- WASH strawberries in cool, running water and drain. Remove stems and hulls. Crush berries one layer at a time using a potato masher. Measure required quantity of crushed berries and remaining ingredients for your recipe; set aside.
- SPRINKLE pectin evenly over bottom of the Pot fitted with the Stirrer. Add crushed strawberries evenly over pectin. Add butter/margarine to help reduce foaming.
- PRESS jam button – the cook time will automatically default to 21 minutes. Press enter.
- WAIT 4 minutes for appliance to sound 4 short beeps. Place the Glass Lid on the Pot.
- THE APPLIANCE will continue to automatically stir your ingredients while it cooks. Stay within earshot of the Jam & Jelly Maker, the appliance will beep again at the end of the process signaling jam cooking is complete. Press cancel, unplug the appliance and immediately remove Glass Lid.
- REMOVE Stirrer using a pot holder. Skim foam, if necessary, from top of jam.
- PRESERVE sugar free jam immediately.
- FILL ladle hot jam into a hot jar, leaving ¼-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Clean jar rim. Center lid on jar and adjust band to fingertip-tight. Place jar on the rack elevated over simmering water (180°F) in boiling-water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled.
- PROCESS Lower the rack into simmering water. Water must cover jars by 1 inch. Adjust heat to medium-high, cover canner, and bring water to a rolling boil. Process jars 10 minutes. Turn off heat and remove cover. Let jars cool 5 minutes. Remove jars from canner; do not retighten bands if loose. Cool 12 hours. Check seals. Label and store jars.