Preserving Method: Freezing
Makes about 4 (8 oz) half pint or 2 (16 oz) pint jars
Fresh apples, brown sugar, and spices combine to make this smooth apple butter. Easy to enjoy
year-round when you
store in your freezer. Apple butters are excellent accompaniments for meat pies and make delicious enhancements
You will need
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit™ Instant Pectin
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 5 cups peeled, cored, coarsely chopped apples (about 5 med)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Freezer safe jars
- STIR sugar, brown sugar, instant pectin, cinnamon, allspice
and nutmeg in a bowl until well blended. Set
- ADD apples and lemon juice to food processor or blender. Blend
until smooth, about 30 seconds. Add apple puree
to pectin mixture. Stir 3 minutes.
- LADLE jam into clean jars to fill line. Twist on lids. Let
stand until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- SERVE immediately, refrigerate up to three weeks or freeze up
to one year.