Blackberry Freezer Jam
Preserving Method: Freezing
Makes about 5 (8 oz) half-pint jars
Try this recipe using Ball® Plastic half-pint 8 oz. Freezer Jars with push on lids
You will need
- 3 cups crushed blackberries (from 4 pints berries)
- 1-3/4 cups unsweetened cranberry-raspberry or apple juice
- 3 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit Low or No-Sugar Needed Pectin
- Up to 3 cups sugar, 1-1/2 cups SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener Granular, 3/4 to 1 cup honey
- Gradually whisk pectin into juice in a medium saucepan until dissolved. Bring to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Add prepared blackberries into hot pectin mixture, stirring vigorously for 1 minute. Stir in sugar, granular no calorie sweetener or honey, all at once.
- Ladle the jam into clean jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Push down lids and let jam stand in refrigerator until set, approximately 24 hours. Serve immediately, refrigerate up to 3 weeks, or freeze up to 1 year.