Blueberry Freezer Jam - Low or No-Sugar
Preserving Method: Freezing
Makes about 4 to 5 (8 oz) half pints
You will need
- 3 cups crushed blueberries (about 2 lb or 2-1/2 pints) *
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1-3/4 cups unsweetened white grape or apple juice
- 3 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit Low or No-Sugar Needed Pectin
- Up to 3 cups sugar, 1-1/2 cups SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener, Granular, 3/4 to 1 cup honey, or desired amount of other artificial sweeteners (optional)
- GRADUALLY ADD Pectin into fruit juice and lemon juice until dissolved. Bring to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- IMMEDIATELY ADD prepared fruit into hot pectin mixture. Stir vigorously for 1 minute. Stir in sugar, SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener, Granular, other artificial sweetener or honey according to the directions above.
- LADLE freezer jam into clean freezer jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Push down lids and let jam stand in refrigerator until set, approximately 24 hours. Serve immediately, refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.