Blueberry Jam- Jam Maker
Preserving Method: Water Bath Canning
Makes about 4 (8 oz) half pints
You will need
- 3 Tbsp. Ball® RealFruit™ Classic Pectin
- 2 2/3 cup blueberries-wash; crush 1 layer at a time with potato masher
- 2 Tbsp. bottled lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. butter or margarine
- 3 1/3 cups sugar
- 4 Ball® (8 oz) half pint jars
- Required: Ball® freshTECH Jam + Jelly Maker
Fresh, homemade jam Blueberry Jam is now easier and more delicious than ever. Enjoy this Ball® FreshTECH Automatic Jam & Jelly Maker recipe, inspired by you! Delight your friends and family with a jar full of one of this tasty treats.
- Sprinkle pectin evenly over bottom of the Pot fitted with the Stirrer. Add blueberries evenly over pectin. Pour lemon juice over blueberries. Add butter/margarine to help reduce foaming.
- Press jam button – the cook time will automatically default to 21 minutes. Press enter. WAIT 4 minutes for appliance to sound 4 short beeps indicating that it is time to add sugar. Add sugar gradually while Stirrer continues running. Place the Glass Lid on the Pot.
- The appliance will continue to automatically stir your ingredients while it cooks. Stay within earshot of the Jam & Jelly Maker, the appliance will beep again at the end of the process signaling jam cooking is complete. Press cancel, unplug the appliance and immediately remove Glass Lid.
- Remove Stirrer using a pot holder. Skim foam, if necessary, from top of jam.
- Preserve the blueberry jam immediately, using 1 of the 3 ways listed here.