Chocolate Rasberry Sauce
Preserving Method: Water-Bath-Canning
Makes about 6 (8 oz) half pints
This incredible chocolate raspberry sauce has limitless potential! It is decadent, rich and fantastically versatile. Serve over ice cream, cheesecake or fruit. It makes a sure-to-be-appreciated hostess gift.
You will need
- 1/2 cup sifted unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 Tbsp Ball®RealFruit™ Classic Pectin
- 4 ½ cups crushed red raspberries
- 6 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp. bottled lemon juice
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- COMBINE cocoa powder and pectin in a medium glass bowl, stirring until evenly blended. Set aside.
- COMBINE crushed raspberries and lemon juice in a large stainless steel saucepan. Whisk in pectin mixture until dissolved. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently. Add sugar all at once and return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and skim off foam.
- LADLE hot sauce into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight. Place jar in boiling water canner. Repeat until jars are filled.
- PROCESS jars for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat, remove lid, let jars stand 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.