Preserving Method: Water-Bath-Canning
Makes 2 (16 oz) pint jars
Whether you want to make a couple of jars or a lot, Ball® Fiesta Salsa Mix makes it easy. Turn your tomatoes into a fresh fiesta of flavor.
You will need
- 2 lbs fresh tomatoes (about 6 medium) to yield 4 1/2 cups finely diced
- 3 Tbsp white vinegar (5% acidity)
- 1/4 cup Ball® Fiesta Salsa Mix
MIX WELL BEFORE MEASURING
Don't have fresh tomatoes? Use 3 cans (14.5 oz each) petite diced tomatoes.
Prepare Fiesta Salsa
- COMBINE tomatoes, vinegar, and Ball® Fiesta Salsa Mix in large sauce pan.
- HEAT to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- PACK based on ENJOY NOW or FRESH PRESERVE Steps below.
Enjoy Now (Refrigerate up to 3 weeks)
- COOL to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- LADLE salsa into jars. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Fresh Preserve (Store up to 1 year)
- PREPARE canner, jars, and lids according to manufacturer's instructions.
- LADLE hot salsa into hot jars leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars. Apply bands and adjust to fingertip tight.
- PROCESS in boiling water canner for 35 minutes, adjusting for altitude. *
*Increase processing time: 5 minutes for 1,001 to 3,000 ft;
- 10 minutes for 3,001 to 6,000 ft;
- 15 minutes for 6,001 to 8,000 ft;
- 20 minutes for 8,001 to 10,000 ft.