Preserving Method: Water-Bath-Canning
Makes about 4 (8 oz) half pints
Three ingredients - and no added sugar - for delicious homemade strawberry jam!
You will need
- 4 cups crushed strawberries
- 2/3 cup unsweetened fruit juice
- 3 Tbsp Ball®RealFruit™ Low or No-Sugar Needed Pectin
- Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- Combine strawberries and juice in a medium saucepan. Gradually stir in pectin. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary. Ladle hot jam into a hot jar leaving a ¼ inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe jar rim.
- Center lid on jar and apply band, adjust to fingertip tight. Place jar in boiling water canner. Repeat until all jars are filled. Process jars 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Turn off heat, remove lid, let jars stand 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool 12-24 hours. Check lids for seal, they should not flex when center is pressed.