Preserving Method: Freezing
Makes about 2 (16 oz) pints
If you are checking out this recipe, you get to share our little secret... the Ball® FreshTECH Automatic Jam & Jelly Maker can do more than just jam and jelly! We now have these delicious "Secret Sauce" recipes using the Jam Maker, and they were just waiting to be discovered by you. Enjoy this one today!
You will need
- 6 ½ cups fresh plum tomato puree
- ¼ cup bottled lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ADD half of the tomato puree evenly in the bottom of the Pot fitted with the Stirrer.
- PRESS jam button - the cook time will automatically default to 21 minutes. Press (+) button until 25 minutes is reached. Press Enter When appliance beeps, add remaining tomato puree, 1 cup at a time. Add lemon juice, oregano, pepper, salt and garlic powder. Place glass lid onto the pot.
- THE APPLIANCE will continue to automatically stir your ingredients while it cooks. Stay within earshot of the Jam & Jelly Maker, the appliance will beep again at the end of the process signaling cooking is complete. Press cancel, unplug the appliance, and immediately remove Glass Lid.
- REMOVE Stirrer using a pot holder.
- COOL to room temperature, about 30 minutes. LADLE sauce into jars. Push down lids. Label. FREEZE sauce for up to 1 year.
- ENJOY using 1 of the 2 ways listed below:
- ENJOY NOW! (Refrigerate up to 1 week)