Strawberry Blueberry Freezer Jam
Preserving Method: Freezing
Makes about 6 (8 oz) half-pint jars
This simple berry jam tastes incredibly fresh, even in the middle of January!
Recipe excerpted from The All New Ball® Book of Canning and Preserving, published by Oxmoor House (2016).
You will need
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 5 Tbsp. Ball® Real- Fruit Instant Pectin
- Pulse blueberries in a food processor until finely chopped, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Place in a medium bowl. Pulse strawberries in food processor until finely chopped, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
- Add to blueberries in bowl. Stir in sugar; let stand 15 minutes. Gradually stir in pectin; stir 3 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Spoon into jars, leaving 1⁄2-inch headspace. Center lid on jars. Apply bands and adjust loosely. Once jam is frozen, adjust bands to fingertip-tight.
- Store in freezer up to 1 year. Thaw in refrigerator. Refrigerate after thawing and use within 3 weeks.