Strawberry Freezer Jam
Preserving Method: Freezing
Makes about 5 (8 oz) half-pint jars
Try this recipe using Ball® Plastic half-pint 8 oz. Freezer Jars with Snap On Lids
You will need
- 2 cups crushed strawberries (about 2 1-lb containers)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 Tbsp Ball® RealFruit™ Classic Pectin
- Combine prepared fruit with lemon juice in a large bowl. Add sugar, mixing thoroughly. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Whisk water and pectin in a small saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, stirring constantly. Boil hard for 1 minute, continuing to stir.
- Add cooked pectin mixture to fruit mixture stir for 3 minutes.
- Ladle freezer jam into clean jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Loosely apply lids and let jam stand in refrigerator until set, but no longer than 24 hours. Serve immediately, refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.