Strawberry Freezer Jam with Liquid Pectin
Preserving Method: Freezing
Makes about 4 (8 oz) half pints
You will need
- 2 cups of crushed strawberries (about 2 1-lb containers)
- 4 cups sugar
- 1, 3-oz pouch Ball®RealFruit™ Liquid Pectin
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Combine prepared fruit* with sugar in a large bowl, mixing thoroughly. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Add entire contents of Ball®RealFruit™Liquid Pectin pouch and lemon juice. Stir for 3 minutes.
- Ladle freezer jam into clean Ball® freezer jars leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Apply caps and let jam stand in refrigerator until set, but no longer than 24 hours. Serve immediately, refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.
- *To Prepare Strawberries: Hull and crush one layer at a time using a potato masher.