Bread and Butter Pickles
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Summertime is all about grilling, and Ball®’s Bread and Butter Pickles are the perfect condiment. With a classic crisp taste that uses Ball® Bread & Butter Pickle Mix, this recipe is simple, but impressive! These sweet and tangy sliced bread and butter pickles are full of flavor, making this one a family favorite!
You Will Need
You Will Need
- For every 2 quarts of pickles:
- 3 1/2 lbs pickling cucumbers (about 14 small to medium)
- 2 1/2 cups vinegar (5% acidity)
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup Ball® Bread & Butter Pickle Mix
- Cut ends off cucumbers. Cut into 1/2 inch slices.
- vinegar, sugar, and Ball® Bread & Butter Pickle Mix in a medium saucepan. Heat to a boil.
- Pack based on ENJOY NOW or FRESH PRESERVE steps below.
- Pour hot pickling liquid over cucumber slices in a large bowl. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Pack cucumber slices into jars. Ladle pickling liquid over cucumbers. Place lids & bands on jars.
- Refrigerate pickles. For best flavor, allow pickles to stand in refrigerator for 3 weeks.
FRESH PRESERVE (Store up to 1 year):
- Prepare canner, jars, and lids according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Pack slices into hot jars. Ladle hot pickling liquid over slices leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars. Apply bands and adjust to fingertip tight.
- Process in boiling water canner for 15 minutes, adjusting for altitude*. For best flavor, allow pickles to stand for 4-6 weeks.
*Increase processing time: 5 minutes for 1,001 to 3, 000 ft; 10 minutes for 3,001 to 6,000 ft; 15 minutes for 6,001 to 8,000 ft; 20 minutes for 8,001 to 10,000 ft.