Bruschetta in a Jar - Auto Canner
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Fresh homemade bruschetta will bring warm thoughts of sunshine during the bleak winter months. Serve with crostini and a spread of goat cheese to surprise your holiday guests! *Note; this recipe will only perform as expected when using the Ball® freshTECH Automatic Home Canning System.
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-3/4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1-3/4 tbsp dried basil
- 1-3/4 tbsp dried oregano
- 1-3/4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 7-3/4 cups plum (or globe) tomatoes, chopped, cored, drained (about 3-1/2 lbs or 11 medium)
- 6 Ball® brand Half Pint (8 oz) Glass Preserving Jars with Lids and Bands
- Required: Ball® freshTECH Automatic Home Canning System
TIP: No need to de-seed or drain plum or Roma tomatoes; globe tomatoes must be drained.
Pre-Heat Your Empty Jars
- REMOVE Inner Pot from Appliance. Remove Rack; set aside. Fill Inner Pot with warm tap water to fill line. Return Inner Pot to Appliance. Place Rack back into Inner Pot. Place empty jars onto Rack in Inner Pot. Set preserving lids and bands aside in your work space. Close and lock Appliance Lid.
- PRESS Pre-Heat button, then press Start. The red Pre-Heating light will illuminate, and the Appliance will begin pre-heating your jars. In the meantime, you can start making your bruschetta. Jars will be pre-heated when the green Ready light is flashing. Keep jars in Appliance, with Lid closed and locked, until ready to fill with bruschetta.
Make Your Bruschetta
- COMBINE garlic, wine, wine vinegar, water, sugar, basil, oregano and balsamic vinegar in a large stainless steel saucepan.
- BRING mixture to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat, cover and boil gently for 5 minutes, until garlic is heated through. Remove from heat.
Preserve Your Bruschetta
- UNLOCK and open Appliance Lid.
- REMOVE one hot jar. Close lid, but do not lock, to keep remaining jars hot. Pack tomatoes into hot jar, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Ladle hot vinegar mixture over tomatoes leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles and wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fingertip tight. Return filled jar onto Rack in Inner Pot.
- REPEAT step 2 until all jars are filled with bruschetta and returned to Inner Pot. Close and lock Lid.
- PRESS Salsas then press Recipe 2. Press Start to begin preserving.
- THE APPLIANCE will start sensing your recipe, indicated by the orange Sensing light. Then, the preserving phase will begin, indicated by the orange Preserving light. When your appliance beeps and the green Ready light is flashing, your bruschetta has been successfully preserved! Press Stop. Unlock and open Lid.
- REMOVE jars from Inner Pot using jar lifter and place upright on a towel. Allow to cool, undisturbed, for 12 to 24 hours. Refer to the After Canning section on page 21 to learn how to check lids for seals and store your jars.