Cherry Irish Stout Jam
UPLOAD A PHOTO
Share your creation with others, because the best part of making is sharing
Here is an exapmle of a thumbnail that will be displayed on our page if your photo is chosen.
Rich dark stout beer combined with luscious cherries makes for a wonderful jam that is equally perfect with chocolate cake or cheese boards.
You Will Need
You Will Need
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen sweet cherries-remove pits and stems, finely chop
- 6 Tbsp. Ball® RealFruit™ Classic Pectin
- 1 (12 oz) bottle of Irish stout (such as Guinness)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp butter or margarine (optional)
- 5 cups sugar
- 6 Ball® (8 oz) half pint glass preserving jars with lids and bands
- PREPARE boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- COMBINE cherries, pectin, stout, cinnamon and butter, if using, in an 8-quart saucepan. Gradually stir in Ball® RealFruit™ Pectin. Add butter, if using. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down, over high heat, stirring constantly.
- ADD entire measure of sugar, stirring to dissolve. Return mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil hard 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary.
- LADLE hot Jam into hot jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
- PROCESS jars in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.